HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#79 30 Day Blog Challenge (Day 07)
Thursday 7 November 2013


Day 07: Do you read? What are your favourite books?


OF COURSE I read, I LOVE reading. If I could have it my way, I would spend my days reading books that I want to read instead of pouring over notes, scholarly articles, textbooks etc. But, life of a Singaporean student is very sad. At such, I'm usually reading on the bus home or whilst in the toilet or while having dinner. I rarely get to cuddle up somewhere, with a nice drink and just indulge in a good book.

Either way, I realise I have yet to answer the question. The books featured above aren't necessarily my FAVOURITE books, but they're books that I've read recently and enjoyed. I'm actually still in the process of finishing The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. It's taking longer than normal for me to finish a book, partly because it's nearing finals, and partly because the book isn't as exciting as compared to The Casual Vacancy or Modelland. The other 2 often have cliffhangers at the end of each chapter that makes me want to read on to find out more. However, The Fault In Our Stars is more about providing a fresh perspective from the point of view of someone living with cancer. So in a sense, I'm less compelled to want to rush and read to the end. That said, it's still a good read.

I wouldn't say that the 3 books are necessarily fantastically written - I mean come on, one of them is by Tyra Banks. But, I'm not the kind of person who is too fussy when it comes to reading. As long as their is a captivating story, I'm sold. So yeah, I'm not those who needs very well structured and beautifully written prose nor am I the kind who knows how to appreciate those kinds of writing.

As a result, I don't think I have any favourite books? I really love the Harry Potter series and the Hunger Game series. I also love chick lit to death. My go to authors for chick lit are Marian Keyes and Robyn Sisman.

Really thankful that I got myself an iPad mini this year. I've been downloading free pdf versions of ebooks online and it's been saving me tons of money. Usually, I buy books online, because it's so much cheaper than going to Popular or Kinokuniya. But with my iPad mini, I can now read for free (only the more popular titles of course, the lesser known ones are harder to find). Definitely recommend getting some form of electronic reader or something, it can be quite life changing, ha-ha.

XOXO, T.

Labels:


written at 01:48