HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#141 Department of Caffeine
Friday 7 March 2014



FINALLY, FINALLY FINALLY paid this place a visit and I must say, I was a tad disappointed, ha-ha. To be fair, I honestly think I went there with exceptionally high expectations so in retrospect, it probably wasn't as disappointing as I thought it to be. I actually managed to make a reservation during lunch time and it was a good thing I did because the place was packed! I have a feeling it has something to do with the nature of scarcity, in addition to the decent food the place provides. Went there with the Rainbow Wheel since it was his birthday (and mine so happens to fall on the next day; which is actually now as I'm churning out this entry).


Ordered 2 Cafe Lattes, since the place is supposedly known for it's coffee. I'm not much of a coffee expert, but according to Daryl, their coffee is really good, so I guess you'll have to take his word for it. I did a bit of research prior to visiting the place and it seems that there weren't any dishes that were particularly recommended. Friends also mentioned that the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantastic either. Decided to get the Roast Chicken with Soba Noodles Salad and D.O.C Shepherd's Pie and the overall verdict is: not too bad. We didn't try the waffles at the place even though they're highly recommended by most people since neither of us are really fans of waffles. Overall, I don't think I'll pay the place another visit any time soon. Alright, here's looking forward to more cafe hunting :)

XOXO, T.

Labels: , ,


written at 00:36