HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#165 PINKDOT 2014
Sunday 29 June 2014



Proud to report that this is my third year forming the pink dot at Hong Lim Park. I've been going since 2011 (the event was first formed in 2009) and it's amazing to see how the numbers have grown from 2,500 to 26,000 people. I didn't go last year because I was away on exchange, but I did show my support at the Seattle Pride Parade 2013 :)

I'm thankful to have gone with both heterosexual and homosexual friends - it gives me hope for those out there who are still unwilling to accept people for who they are, who are insisting that everyone fit into a mould. I mean, how narrow-minded are you? It baffles me the kinds of rubbish that people come up with, especially educated people. There's been a lot of controversy and back lash regarding this year's event. Admittedly, I'm pretty ignorant about current affairs. I'm just glad the event went off smoothly. There was a point when I was wondering if we'll get attacked by people donned completely in white, ha-ha.

While I may not be some sort of LGBT rights activist or any activist in general, I guess I just want to do my part in supporting something I believe in. It's good to remind ourselves of the people who fought to get to where we are today, and that we should continue fighting for what we believe in. #freedomtolove

XOXO, T.

Labels: ,


written at 21:41