HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#1 Hello Again
Sunday 23 September 2012


After so many years (roughly 7 if I remember correctly), I'm finally back to using blogger. Gosh, I forgot how tedious all the HTML configuring can be - too spoilt by the limits of template customisation on LiveJournal, WordPress and Tumblr, ha-ha. I don't really know why I decided to start using blogger again, probably just to troll another avenue of social media and garner more attention for myself, lol. I do however remember why I stopped blogging for a while now, choosing to just post pictures on Tumblr instead.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't abandoned my Tumblr account. This will just be more of an outlet for me to spew larger chunks of random thoughts that I can't squeeze to fit in a single Tweet. I must remind myself not to make the same mistakes I did in the past though. Back then, I was TOO comfortable blogging about anything and everything under the sun, completely disregarding the fact that some of the things I write about shouldn't really see the light of day. I guess it's all about striking a balance between having your voice heard but not compromising on the things people tell you in private. Oh and yes, I've also learnt that it is NEVER a good idea to do angry, impulse entries that you'll end up regretting later.

Another reason why I gave up blogging was because I just became too darn lazy. Although it might not seem like much work (if you've never really blogged before), churning out entries can be quite tiring at times. And I know I'm not some famous online sensation who has tons of followers who are dying to see my latest updates, but back then, I think one of the reasons I felt compelled to blog so often was to give whoever read my blog the impression that I had a life. Oh damn, I just realised how sad that sounded as I typed it out. Eventually, it felt too much like a chore I created for myself. So I suppose now that I'm blogging for no one in particular, except maybe myself, I won't get sick of it (? hopefully) and maybe this blog will actually stick around for a while. I know this comes off as ironic when I mentioned earlier about blogging again to garner attention for myself. Just so you know, whoever it is that's reading this, I was kidding.

Lastly, I think the main reason why I decided to create this blog now was because I wanted to secure the URL, HA-HA. I'm using thehavocmama.blogspot.sg because apparently, some random woman who has only ONE blog post is already using havocmama (WTF). Hence, I had no choice but to add the 'the' to my alias which seems to have grown on me over the months. To be honest, I can't remember when I came up with the nickname. I only know it was when I was trying to come up with a more creative twitter nick, as opposed to mythickerskin or drustanus. The idea most likely surfaced during the period when I was clubbing like mad, no surprises there.

And with that, I think I'll end off my first entry. Don't want to look back at this in the future and think to myself, "Gosh, he seriously doesn't know when to stop". Overly wordy entries are a pain in the ass to read in my opinion.

XOXO, T.

Labels:


written at 21:29