HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#59 KL Food Fare (Petaling Jaya)
Thursday 5 September 2013



Oh hi, so this is part two of my KL trip that I went with a few friends towards the end of August. In this entry, I'll be sharing with you guys pictures of food that we had over at Petaling Jaya. If I'm not wrong, it's like the Chinatown of KL? LOL, but don't take my word for it. I didn't do any research or anything, this was just based on pure observation and what my friends told me.

The food here was definitely better than what we had for brunch. But the friends whom we met up with (that were friends of Ian and Clemence) had already somewhat eaten before meeting us, so we ended up over ordering like crazy. Oh well, better to have more food than to have not enough, am I right? Ha-ha. Singapore's Sambal Stingray trashes the one over at Petaling Jaya hands down. My favourite dishes are probably the Shrimp Dumplings, Prawn Mee and Claypot Rice. Mmmm, just thinking about them now is making me salivate.

Malaysian Hor Fun

Kway Teow Soup, Prawn Mee and Shrimp Dumplings

Malaysian-style Dry Ban Mian (looks like Mee Pok, LOL)

Claypot Rice

Sambal Squid

Sambal Stingray

Lok Lok

The Next Day...


Headed over again the next day with Gerald, Harris and Daryl, but the stall that I ate at the night before wasn't open. Hence, we settled for the one next to it and I must say, it was damn good as well. There were less variety, but the Char Siew and Wanton Noodles that we had were 'bagus'. Okay, I may be exaggerating a little here because I know a lot of people take their Char Siew really seriously. But just to clarify, I'm comparing the ones I had there to the ones we get in Singapore and let's face it, we all know how lousy most of the local Char Siews are, ha-ha. So in a way, I'm quite easily satisfied and impressed with Char Siews from HK and KL xD

Alright, I guess this wraps up my second KL entry. Do stay tune for more and in the mean time, stay gold.

XOXO, T.

Labels: , ,


written at 10:41