HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#106 Celebra8, Integr8.
Friday 13 December 2013



My family and I will be leaving for a short cruise today, and when I say short, I MEAN short. It'll be from Friday - Monday only, meh. As much as I would prefer a longer vacation, we have to make do since we technically can't really travel very far with a 1 year old in tow, ha-ha. Thought I'd get this post in just before we deport later, since I'll be wanting to blog about the trip when I get back.

Went for the VIP (Victoria Integrated Programme) Alumni Dinner last Friday with my ex-classmates. It's hard to imagine that 8 years have just flown by like that. In some ways, it's quite sad that the programme is coming to an end. It definitely gave me a lot of fond memories to look back on and even though I often say that the programme really wasn't for me, I have no regrets whatsoever going over to VJC in 2005 thanks to the invaluable bunch of friends that I've made. I know, sounds cheesy and corny, but it's honestly how I feel. I mean, yes, I would have probably done better academically if I had stayed on in DHS. I may not even be an SMU Business Student if I hadn't left DHS. BUT, who's to know how different things would have REALLY been if I had not joined VIP, am I right?

No surprises that the event itself sucked, ha-ha. It IS organised by a bunch of 15 year olds, so I went into it with SUPREMELY low expectations. It is unfortunate though that the LegenDIARY book that they were raving about, which is suppose to document the 8 years of the VIP, was SO ABYSMAL. THAT, I had high expectations for. I was expecting something along the lines of a VJC yearbook? Something hardcover-ed and substantial; but it turned out to be more of a pamphlet? Enormously disappointing. Honestly, I'm not sure where all the money from the ticket sales went to. Ah well, no use whining now I suppose. I guess we should focus more on being grateful for the effort that was put in to organise the event? Ha-ha, on my end, I'm still trying to adjust that focus.


My classmates and I booked a suite at The Sultan Hotel to gather after the alumni dinner. Nothing fancy and it's like my first ever hotel party sans alcohol. ONLY with my V12 classmates will I ever have such a party, ha-ha. Did what we normally do at our gatherings - make a bunch of noise and laugh like mad and generally, have an awesome time. Kind of thankful that we were located near a pub. I think the thumping music next door sort of drowned out all the noise we were making. We did take a group photo there, but I have a feeling it is in Tina's camera and the girl is now gallivanting in Australia.

To end off this entry on a more unconventional note, I'd like to dedicate this post to the friends that I've made after joining VIP. Here's to 8 years of great memories and many more to come. I'm thankful in different ways for meeting each and every one of you (you know who you are). Looking forward to attending all your weddings and playing with all your babies (even though I myself won't be getting married OR having children). You guys are really special to me and I hope we continue to keep in touch :)

XOXO, T.

Labels: , ,


written at 02:05