HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#125 2014 Improvements
Sunday 12 January 2014



I've never liked the term "resolutions", so I decided to use "improvements" instead. Not sure if it makes much of a difference to you, but personally, the former makes it seem like a chore while the latter makes it seem like something I'd want to strive to achieve to make life even better, ha-ha. Ah, technicalities. Not sure if I'm making much sense, but whatever.

Anyway, I know this entry is somewhat late since it's already a good 12 days into the 2014. However, I've been swamped with tons of shit since the 1st day of the year and have hardly any time to stop and breathe. Churning this entry before I go get ready for brunch with the family, after which I'm going to spend the rest of the day preparing for my Strategy class tomorrow. #SMUggerlife

So yes, back to the list of improvements. I thought of a few things I'd want to improve on this year and tried to be as realistic as possible about them, giving my personality traits a major consideration at the same time, LOL.

1) Be more OCD when it comes to maintaining my Instagram account.

I actually mentioned this on my Instagram a few days ago (follow @havocmama). Basically, I went bonkers yet again and deleted like over a 100 photos. I guess it's slightly easier now to clear out my feed than it was back then where I had to just delete the entire account and start over. I cleared out all photos that weren't square-cropped, that felt like an impulsive upload and that were pic-stitched to death. I'm aiming for a more artistic, hipster, pretentious feed, while at the same time infusing it with my personality as much as possible, LOL.

2) Eat cleaner and healthier (since I'm way too lazy to exercise regularly).
3) Be more hardworking when it comes to school (do my best to pull up my flailing GPA).
4) Do my best to not sweat the small stuff (water off a duck's back).
5) Make more of an effort to dress up when heading out of the house.
6) Prioritise sleep more (I tend to stay up watching videos even when I'm dead tired).

I guess that's about all I can think of so far. On top of this list of improvements, I need to constantly remind myself to be careful with my interactions with people in general this year. I read the fortune for people born in the Year of Horse for 2014 and it warns about losing one's reputation over mishandling certain issues. In general, the reading advices to stay low profile and to be more frugal. I'm quite superstitious when it comes to things like this. I mean, better safe than sorry right? So I'm going to do my best to heed these advices, ha-ha. I'd say let me know what your 2014 improvements are, but I doubt anyone would comment on this entry (if anyone is reading it at all). So I'm signing off by saying that I hope everyone will be able to stick to their 2014 improvements :)

XOXO, T.

Labels: ,


written at 10:26