HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#214 The Past 3 Years
Thursday 3 September 2020


So it's twelve past midnight and for some reason, I decided to visit my old blog (also because I'm waiting for my stamina to recharge in this mobile game that I'm playing). Not sure if it's the sense of nostalgia, or sheer boredom, but I felt inspired to pen an entry. I'll keep it short, or at least try to - I'm really nagging a lot these days (perhaps it's the age, perhaps it's the occupational hazard).

More than three years have passed since my last entry. By then, I had already started a new job for over half a year, but of course much has changed since then as well. I'm still at that job - in fact I got promoted twice *pats myself on the back* Definitely a goal I set out for myself when I first joined, but I'd be lying if I said there weren't moments when I considered leaving. Guess I'm more resilient than I give myself credit for. 

I've gained a considerable amount of weight (I don't weigh myself anymore so I can't be exact with the figures) - not that I'm overjoyed with the weight gain but I guess my physique will always be a work-in-progress . I've completed braces, with a jaw realignment surgery to boot, and got myself a rhinoplasty all the way from Seoul, Korea. I'd say I'm done with my cosmetic surgery, but who knows, I might get liposuction in the future. 

Though right now, my main focus is saving up for a place of my own once I turn 35. In the past couple of months, I've watched numerous property listing YouTube videos, consumed countless interior design content and visited PropertyGuru.com whenever I was bored. I've also started becoming more serious with my finances, looking at investment opportunities and savings plans (nothing too complex) - a little late I know, but better late than never.

All in all, 2020 has been a bad year for the world - COVID19 definitely packed a punch. Fortunately, I'm protected from the brunt of its impact for now. But the pandemic has caused life to slow down for me a lot. While blogging is no longer in style (and I don't expect anyone to be reading this), another key reason I stopped churning out entries was because I was too embroiled with keeping up with life itself. Looking back has inspired me to start documenting life's moments again, in a way that's less ephemeral than Instagram stories (though I know the highlights function exists). Looking to dust off the old camera to create blog posts (maybe even vlogs), depending on my mood. Not committing to anything, but that's just where my mind space is at for now.

Signing off to turn my attention back to my mobile game now, till the next one.

XOXO, T.

Labels:


written at 00:28