HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#48 Skydiving at Whistler
Wednesday 19 June 2013



Seriously, this is one of the most memorable things I've done in my life. Skydiving - checked off my bucket list ✔ There really isn't any way to best describe the feeling, so I'll attach the video that I had recorded at the end of this blog post. I look fucking ugly and fat inside the video but whatever, at least I have something to remember the experience by. Kind of disappointed that the quality of the video is so poor though, we had to fork out close to CAD$90 extra for the video recording :(
To be honest, it isn't as scary as most people make it out to be. I, for one, am freaking humji already and I wasn't even that nervous when I was up in the sky. I was more cold than anything else; fingers hurt like a mofo after the whole thing. The only scary part is when the instructors swing open the door and you're getting ready to leap off. After that, it's just this feeling of free falling for about 30 seconds before the parachute gets released and you're slowly floating to the ground. Aye, just watch the video at the end of this post and have a good laugh :)


Played around the Pemberton airport area while the rest took turns to skydive. There were 8 of us in total and we flew up in pairs. I went first with Joanna, so we had tons of time to frolic around after we were done (of course, getting ready to take photos for the rest after they jumped out of the plane). They were so many dandelions growing everywhere that I think I went a tad overboard plucking and blowing them. There was also this super adorable, fluffy and friendly golden retriever that I managed to snap a photo with :)



Took a couple of group photos after everything was done - 1 with the instructors, 1 with just the 8 of us and 1 with the Mexican students who are here on exchange with us (surprised that only 4 of them were brave enough to go skydiving). The whole experience was pretty costly though, so if you're ever in Whistler and decide to go for this activity, prepare to burn a hole in your pocket.

XOXO, T.

Labels: , , , , ,


written at 15:22